Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Truth: (I'm a girl, I'm smart and I know everything) by Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein--Book Review



Funny, thought-provoking, and inspiring, The Truth (I'm a girl, I'm smart and I know everything) by Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein is sure to be a hit with young girls ages 8 to 14.

Based upon Dr. Holstein's women's self-help book, The Truth (I'm 10, I'm smart and I know everything), the girl's version has a hip new cover, new introduction, and new discussion questions.

The format remains the same: a series of diary entries from a young girl who shares everything she thinks and feels about life at home and at school, her dreams for the future, and her knowledge of The Truth. Young girls will follow along as this girl talks about how her parents' fighting makes her feel. They'll witness her fall in love. They'll even get to be with her as her body begins to change. And as young girls move along through two years in this young journalist's life, they will be reminded of their inner strength, their talents, and their future potential.

The Truth (I'm a girl, I'm smart and I know everything) is a book that girls and their mothers can read together. It will also make a meaningful gift for any young girl age 8 to 14.

Once again, Positive Psychologist and Happiness Coach Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein teaches her readers how to learn about themselves in positive ways.


Read my 2007 interview with Dr. Holstein here


Title: The Truth (I'm a girl, I'm smart and I know everything)
Author: Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein
Publisher: Enchanted Self Press
ISBN: 978-0-9798952-0-3
U.S. Price: $6.95

1 comment:

Dyan said...

I love this. Seems so self-empowering!