Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gabriella Goddard and Gulp!



On tap today is author Gabriella Goddard. Gabriella is a leading Success Coach, speaker and the author of Gulp!: The 7 Day Crash Course to Master Fear and Break Through Any Challenge. Her clients include senior executives, career professionals, entrepreneurs and TV personalities. To find out more about “Gulp!”, watch the book trailer, read the blog and sign up for the free One Big Gulp! eKit at www.gulptime.com .



Synopsis:

What’s your dream? Your yearning? Your calling?

When Gabriella found a lump in her breast it was a real wake up call. Faced with her own mortality, she was forced to take a good hard look at her life. And that’s when she reconnected to her childhood dream of being a writer. She asked herself, “If not now…then when?”

Gulp! is the realization of that dream and Gabriella’s message is clear; Give Up Living Passively! Drawing on cutting-edge coaching techniques and blending together Eastern and Western philosophies, she has created a 7 day crash course that offers a new way for people make powerful changes that really matter in their life – without waiting for the wake up call!

So, if you want to change your job, then start now. If you dream of setting up your own business, then start now. If you’ve always yearned of climbing Machu Pichu, then start now. If it’s time to leave a dysfunctional relationship, then start now. If you've dreamed of writing a children's book, then start now. Or if it’s time to deal with a health crisis, then start now.Here is a sample of the secrets you’ll find in Gulp!:- How to recognize your “pivot point” and say yes to change – effortlessly.- The Fear Cycle - and how you can break it in an instant.- Five powerful ways to cultivate inner calm – so you stay strong even in the midst of chaos.- Eight “sparks” to ignite your imagination – and do things you never thought possible. - The five step plan that beats procrastination – and actually turns your idea into action.- How to hone your intuition and instinct – and why it's your secret weapon.- Four easy techniques to stay focused – without losing momentum. Gulp! is a practical, effective everyday guide designed to inspire real people to make real changes. So whether you want to achieve results in seven days or take your time and do it over several months Gulp! will inspire you to kick start your change and help keep you on track to see it through to the end.

I asked Gabriella to give me an idea of how she deals with skeptical people during her speaking engagements. Here's what she had to say:

A few weeks ago I found myself standing on the stage at an amazing theatre normally graced by gallant Shakespearean actors wearing olive green tights. I’d been invited to speak at a major literary festival and was feeling rather over-awed as I looked out to the audience with what felt like a zillion spotlights on me.

“Any questions?” asked the speaker chairman. There was a deafening silence. Slowly a man sitting in the front row raised his hand. I literally beamed at him, my smile showing the gratitude I was feeling inside.

And then came the question.

“I’ve seen so much of this personal development stuff before and to be perfectly frank I think it’s all about authors wanting to make a quick buck. And how do you know it works anyway?”

“Oh, beam me up Scottie,” was my first thought. And then I took a deep breath, gulped and launched into my answer.

“I’ve been on a personal growth journey for over ten years and in that time, like you, I’ve been exposed to a wide range of theories and approaches. So when I suffered from my breast cancer scare I was incredibly grateful that I could draw on this knowledge and awareness to help me cope with my situation and get through it. As it transpired, it was this experience that later formed the basis of the “Gulp!” seven day program – and I am the living testament that it can work.

Gulp! speaks to the soul. It’s ideal for someone who deep down knows they need to change but doesn’t know where to start, or someone who wants to give up living passively and needs a nudge. The value or “gems” that each person gains from reading Gulp! will be different. For some, it might be the story about Anita ditching her day job and fulfilling her dream of running her own home accessories business. For others, it might be Sue’s story about how she defied her public speaking demons by presenting at a major conference. Or it could be a simple question I ask like, “If not now…when?” that causes a light bulb moment or one of the practical techniques I cover on how to short circuit fear. Or maybe it even comes from working through one of the practical action plans or reflection exercises.

Whatever your situation, there will be something that makes you stop and think, something that expands your awareness. And then just like a doorway opening, you’ll have access to a completely new perspective. It’s in this moment that Gulp! becomes an important catalyst that sparks a change in your life.

As I discovered myself, there is no one magical answer to facing life’s challenges. You have to find your own way. And my wish for Gulp! is that it provides people with a valuable roadmap, the mindset and the practical tools they need in order to make important changes in their life – calmly and gracefully.

And as for making a “quick buck”, unfortunately there’s nothing quick at all about sitting down and writing a 320 page book!”

“Ah…thank you,” he replied.

“Any more questions?” asked the speaker chairman. This time, thankfully, there was no deafening silence.

You can purchase GULP! at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com and at other fine booksellers.

This virtual book tour has been brought to you by:

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Welcome to The Book Connection, Gabriella. I'm thrilled to have you with us. This sounds like an awesome book!

Cheryl

thewriterslife said...

Wow, what a great answer...tough audience!