Friday, October 24, 2008

Ed Green and and Voice Over Training Class



Today's guest blogger is Ed Green, the industry's leading voice-over talent. Here Ed will share with us some tricks of the trade that he has included in his eBook Voice Over Training Class.

I worked at the craft until I became a powerful talent in the voice over industry. For many years, I have been the voice of major sporting event projects, motion picture trailers, and television narrations, as well as the voice for the most familiar commercial and product advertisers in America. My commercials have currently passed the 30,000 mark, and are still climbing. This includes my best-known work as an audio personality for Fortune 500 Corporations - working on their national campaigns while creating a unique image for internal corporate projects and shareholder meetings.

Hosting the advertising industry's annual ANDY and CLIO awards ceremonies is usually a once-in-a-career honor for voice-over talent. I have been fortunate to have presented both - several times. Now, I've decided to pass on the insights, secrets, and methods that I've learned throughout my thirty years of success to a whole new generation of VO talent. So if you want to be a real VO pro...an in-demand voice over performer in all kinds of commercials and productions in today's growing broadcast, cable, and digital communications industry...It takes a little talent, a lot of drive...and the insider's know-how that I can teach.

It's a solid, easy-to-follow program. Working at your own pace you'll learn how to use a microphone, reading and pacing skills, how to audition and market yourself, my EMOTE method, and much, much more that you'll never learn anywhere else.

Some tips I've learned through the years:

1. Voice quality is only one aspect of success in becoming a voice-over professional. You also need to be able to take someone else's words (the script) and make them sound like your own credible, persuasive and motivating personal statement.

2. It can take years of perfecting your talent and skills, marketing yourself with or without an agent before you reach a higher level of success. Some will tell you luck is important. In my experience, trying harder and smarter yields more results. I have found the key to my success to be a "contagious enthusiasm" for the work.

3.Once you’re in the game you should practice every day to improve and master your craft. By listening to radio and TV spots for styles, nuances and sounds—things that get your attention and impress you—you’ll find things you can incorporate into your repertoire to broaden your capability and underscore your distinctiveness. So you can become one of those voices that producers and casting directors think of first.

No comments: