Monday, November 3, 2008

Firestorm of Dragons Interview



We have a treat for you today. Our guest comes from The Druid's Dragon. You’ll find him and his story in the Firestorm of Dragons anthology edited by Michele Acker and Kirk Dougal. Enter the lair and uncover a mythological world of beasts that fascinate and entertain.

Welcome to The Book Connection. Who are you and where do you come from?


Doodahn is the name, pronounced 'Due Don'... not 'Due Dan'. Where do I come from? Hmm, today that would be from your deepest depths of imagination but in a time before now, I enjoyed myself on a lush isle of emerald green surrounded by an ocean of the clearest azure blue. Just take a left kink on the time continuum, right there at the juncture of the 12th century. Quite easy for a dragon, you know.

Sounds absolutely lovely. Have you always lived there?

For the most part, at some point in time, yes. Unless called, then I had to come over and do what I had to do. Usually not a very pleasant experience.

I see. So what is special about this lovely isle?

You mean other than the fact that I live there? There is harmony, peace and life in general is very pastoral. Even my best friend, Puff and his friends, had a good time there.

Sounds lovely. So, you have friends?

I had many at one time but today, well, I think there is only me. Kind of a lonely life nowadays.

What about enemies?

I know this sounds strange, but just reverse my previous answer. Unless I am wrong, today I think I have more enemies than I could ever hope to count. Uh, exactly how many actively participating Druids are there today? They're my biggest enemies. Of course, there was the occasional knight to deal with, but we won't go there.

Interesting. I had no idea. What do you do for fun?

Oh, I enjoy the traditional dragon things: flame throwing, coin and gem hoarding. Of course, there is that olde tyme favorite of every dragon around and I must say that I, at one time, had quite a serious collection. We really enjoy our virgins. Contrary to popular belief, we actually accept both boys and girls. We were politically correct before PC was vogue.

What is one thing everyone should know about you?

I have a very acute sense of smell.

Thank you for joining us today. We look forward to checking out your story in Firestorm of Dragons! And thanks to Bob Nailor for helping us set up this interview.



"So, you want to know all about dragons? Run the gamut of stories about the mythological beasts in Firestorm of Dragons. Humorous tales of extreme sports with genetically-engineered animals and pesky door-to-door salesmen with scales, exist beside conventional stories of treasure and deceit, hunter and hunted, hatred and sacrifice. See how dragons exist today without most humans noticing, or abandon all preconceived notions and imagine a dragon as a 1940s-style detective. Let your experience with dragons end with a trio of stories depicting the possible end of dragons--one uplifting, one poignant, and one heart-wrenching in its melancholy.


Now Available at Amazon.com!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love dragons and anything mystical. My parents bought me this plastic dragon that I put on a round circle that sends colored light through the plastic crystal shapes he is perched on. Looks neat but I keep knocking him over. That one wing has been glued on so many times! LOL

Karina Fabian said...

Thanks for posting this interview. Bob's story is excellent, BTW, as are all the stories. If you want to learn more about them or about Bob, check out www.firestormofdragons.com

Karina Fabian
www.dragoneyepi.net