Monday, March 15, 2010

Working through My TBR Pile



In case you're wondering what my TBR Pile looks like lately, it's a mess. So many good books are coming out and I just need to read them.

I've read 13 books since my last update on February 28th, and written 11 reviews, between this blog and The Children's and Teen's Book Connection. All the titles in bold are those I've read since the last update. Along with the new titles I took on, that brings me up to 68 books in my TBR pile.

Oh man, I sure hope vacation time comes soon so that I can catch up!

Older titles

Cabal of the Westford Knight by David S. Brody
Reunion by Therese Fowler
Rose of the Adriatic by K.M. Daughters
The Last Child by John Hart
American Lion by Jon Meacham
Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay
Undone by Karin Slaughter
Shadow of Betrayal by Brett Battles
The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Faust

The Target by J.P. Hauptman
Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert
Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez

Melinda and the Wild West by Linda Weaver-Clarke
The Case of the Mystified M.D. by A. K. Arenz
Daughter of Liberty by J.M. Hochstetler
Native Son by J.M. Hochstetler
Exiles on Main Street by Lisa Kleinholz
Asking for Murder by Roberta Isleib
DeadMistress by Carole Shmurak
Mother's Day Murder by Leslie Meier

Write from the Heart by Leslea Newman
Promises, Promises by Amber Miller
Deceptive Promises by Amber Miller
Copper and Candles by Amber Miller
Escape in Passion by Shiela Stewart
Mercy in Passion by Shiela Stewart
The Cutting by James Hayman
The Strand Prophecy by J.B.B. Winner
The Judge Who Stole Christmas by Randy Singer
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler

The Saphire Flute, Book One: The Wolfchild Saga by Karen E. Hoover (TC&TBC) (*) **
Rocky Bluff P.D. series by F.M. Meredith: Bad Tidings, Final Respects, Fringe Benefits
Deputy Tempe Crabtree series by Marilyn Meredith: Deadly Trail, Deadly Omen, Intervention, Unequally Yoked, Wing Beat
Murder on the Low Down by Pamela Samuels Young
Preaching to the Corpse by Roberta Isleib
Silenced Cry: A Sam Harper Mystery by Marta Stephens
Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb
Set Apart: A 6-week Study of the Beatitudes by Jennifer Kennedy Dean

...And Night Falls by Tommie Lyn
Main Street: Tis' the Season by Ann M. Martin (TC&TBC)
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
Alphatudes: The Alphabet of Gratitude by Michele Wahlder
The Big Picture: Essential Business Lessons from the Movies by Kevin Coupe & Michael Sansolo

A Very Dangerous Woman: Martha Wright and Women's Rights by Sherry H. Penny & James D. Livingston
* Rock Stars: The Rise, Fall, and Rise of 80's Glam Frontmen into Pop Culture by David S. Grant (**)
* Anathema! America's War on Medicine by Dr. Michael Pryce, M.D.
Capturing Karma by K.M. Daughters
Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C. Maze
Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James Swanson
Murder in Baker Company by Cilla McCain ** (****)

Calling the Dead: Deputy Tempe Crabtree series by Marilyn Meredith
41 Things to Know about Autism by Chantal Sicile-Kira (TBC & TC&TBC)
35 Things Your Teen Won't Tell You So I Will by Ellen Pober Rittberg (TBC & TC&TBC)
33 Things To Know About Raising Creative Kids by Whitney Ferre (TBC & TC&TBC)
The Lightkeeper's Daughter: A Mercy Falls Novel by Colleen Coble (Amazon Vine)
Raccoon Tales by Joy DeKok (TC&TBC)
Tibetan Tales from the Top of the World by Naomi C. Rose (TC&TBC)
Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle by Nicole Weaver (TC&TBC)


Newly added titles:

An Axe to Grind by F.M. Meredith
Axe of Iron: Confrontation by J.A. Hunsinger
Straight Talk for Teenage Girls by Annette Fuson ** (****)
The Power of Your Child's Imagination by Charlotte Reznick, PhD **
The Raindrop by Brian D. McClure (TC&TBC) **
Animals Go by Emily Bolam (TC&TBC)
Animals Talk by Emily Bolam (TC&TBC)
This Little Piggy and other favorite action rhymes illustrated by Hannah Wood (TC&TBC)
Are You Ready for Bed? by Jane Johnson (TC&TBC)
The Very Greedy Bug by Steve Smallman (TC&TBC)
The Three Horrid Little Pigs by Liz Pichon (TC&TBC)
The Bear with Sticky Paws Won't Go to Bed by Clara Vulliamy (TC&TBC)
The Best Pet Ever by Victoria Roberts (TC&TBC)
One there was a house, a house that was a...Home by Alex T. Smith (TC&TBC)
Bella: The Birthday Party by Mandy Stanley (TC&TBC)
Bella: The Fairy Ball by Mandy Stanley (TC&TBC)
The Three Dimensions of Character by Larry Brooks
The Wildcat's Burden: Iskander Book Four by Chris Hoare

Coming in the Mail:

Faith and Finances: In God We Trust, A Journey to Financial Dependence by multiple authors **

Stay tuned to The Book Connection because things are going to be busy around here, especially as we get closer to the release of my first children's picture book, Little Shepherd Boy.


* Currently reading

** Reading as part of a virtual book tour

**** Read, but not yet reviewed

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I counted 58 books, and that's just on the shelf behind me. I have about a dozen in a bag in the bedroom and some more on the bedroom shelf. :) If I get up the nerve, I'll put a complete list with a firm count on Down Under Views.

Rebecca said...

I don't get to read books for pleasure any more only books, stories for my English Literature classes and write weekly analysis of them. In a few years I guess I will have time to read them.

Kris said...

yeesh, I won't eben go into the size of my TBR pile...but I love them all LOL!

Oh and I can't wait to see your book Cheryl!

Cheryl said...

JM, I find that writing about my TBR pile helps keep me focused.

Becky, it will happen. Just get done with that schooling.

Kris, can I guess that means your TBR pils is worse than mine? :) Thanks for your kind words about my book.

Thanks for dropping in ladies.

Cheryl