Saturday, May 8, 2010

Motivational Quote from Michael Landon



I think everyone knows by know that I am a big fan of the classic television show, Little House on the Prairie. I've written numerous fanfiction stories based upon my favorite show and I never get tired of watching the show when I get a chance.

While trying to get a head start on this week's blogging, I popped into my Google account, which gives me inspirational quotes each day, and I found this:

"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now!"--Michael Landon

As you might be aware, Michael Landon, a staple of network television for decades, died of pancreatic cancer a few months prior to his 55th birthday. While I don't know when he spoke this, I am going to assume this was after he was diagnosed. The original quote, however, comes from Pope Paul VI.

Now, some of you might wonder what this has to do with writing, but when I saw this quote it truly touched my heart. I don't want to be the person who lives with a bunch of regrets. I don't want to find myself at the end of my life wondering what it would be to have published the books that I always wanted to write. That's why I've pushed myself so hard since I became a stay-at-home mom to make it happen.

None of us knows what tomorrow will bring. Don't wait to begin working on making your dreams come true. Believe in yourself today, and always. Make today the day you take your first steps toward being published.

No comments: