Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Working through My TBR Pile



How's your TBR pile coming along? Mine is still a mountain, but I'm making some progress.

Since April 18th, I've read 13 books, some of which I spoke of last time, so I won't go into the details again. I'm doing my best not to take on many new books; though I had pre-ordered The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House by Melissa Anderson from Amazon and I broke away from my TBR pile to read that one. In case you missed it, Little House on the Prairie is my favorite show. While I don't get a chance to watch television these days, I have all the seasons on DVD. I've seen some of these episodes so many times that I could recite them by heart. I posted that review over at Laura's Little Houses if you would like to read it.

Here's what the TBR pile looks like right now. Anything in bold has been read. If I mentioned them last time, they've been deleted from the list.

My TBR Pile

Cabal of the Westford Knight by David S. Brody
Reunion by Therese Fowler
Rose of the Adriatic by K.M. Daughters
The Last Child by John Hart
American Lion by Jon Meacham
Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay
Undone by Karin Slaughter
Shadow of Betrayal by Brett Battles
The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Faust

The Target by J.P. Hauptman
Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert
The Case of the Mystified M.D. by A. K. Arenz
Daughter of Liberty by J.M. Hochstetler
Native Son by J.M. Hochstetler
Exiles on Main Street by Lisa Kleinholz
Asking for Murder by Roberta Isleib
DeadMistress by Carole Shmurak
Mother's Day Murder by Leslie Meier

Write from the Heart by Leslea Newman
Copper and Candles by Amber Miller
Escape in Passion by Shiela Stewart
Mercy in Passion by Shiela Stewart
The Strand Prophecy by J.B.B. Winner
The Judge Who Stole Christmas by Randy Singer
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler

Rocky Bluff P.D. series by F.M. Meredith: Bad Tidings, Final Respects, Fringe Benefits
Deputy Tempe Crabtree series by Marilyn Meredith: Deadly Trail, Deadly Omen, Intervention, Unequally Yoked, Wing Beat, Calling the Dead
Murder on the Low Down by Pamela Samuels Young
Preaching to the Corpse by Roberta Isleib
Silenced Cry: A Sam Harper Mystery by Marta Stephens
Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb
Set Apart: A 6-week Study of the Beatitudes by Jennifer Kennedy Dean

...And Night Falls by Tommie Lyn
Main Street: Tis' the Season by Ann M. Martin (TC&TBC)
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
A Very Dangerous Woman: Martha Wright and Women's Rights by Sherry H. Penny & James D. Livingston
Capturing Karma by K.M. Daughters
Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C. Maze
Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James Swanson

The Lightkeeper's Daughter: A Mercy Falls Novel by Colleen Coble (Amazon Vine)
The Raindrop by Brian D. McClure (TC&TBC)
The Three Dimensions of Character by Larry Brooks *
The Wildcat's Burden: Iskander Book Four by Chris Hoare


Faith and Finances: In God We Trust, A Journey to Financial Dependence by multiple authors (**) ****
The Way to Stillness by Anne Vincent & Gayle Alexander
My Dog Tim and Other Stories by Garasamo Maccagnone (**) ****
The Elf of Luxembourg by Tom Weston (TC&TBC) (**) ****
Mr. Vinegar and the Frozen Sea by Chris Wardle (TC&TBC)*
America's Black Founders by Nancy I. Sanders (TC&TBC)
Wishing for Tomorrow by Hilary McKay (audio book) (Amazon Vine)
Be Cool, Follow Earth's Rule by Penelope Ann Kysiak (TC&TBC) - won in a giveaway
At Home With Laurie Ann: A Decorator's Guide: Turn the Place You Live into A Home You Love by Laurie Ann McMillian Ray - unrequested title sent by the author's publicist
Noonie's Masterpiece by Lisa Railsback (TC&TBC)
More Than Conquerors by Kathi Macias **

Newly added titles:

Blissfully Yours by Diann Walker--won in a giveaway
Downsized to Death by Patricia Gulley
The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C.W. Gortner **
Confessions of a Rebel Debutante by Anna Fields--won in a giveaway
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James **

So, I managed to whack four books off my total to bring it down to 56. North Carolina can't come soon enough. I need to get some serious reading done.


* Currently reading

** Reading as part of a virtual book tour

**** Read, but not yet reviewed

1 comment:

Donna McDine said...

Wow! That's some list. You must be a heck of a quick reader.