Monday, May 17, 2010

Working through My TBR Pile



And the reading continues...

While it won't sound like I got a lot done since May 4th, the TBR pile will continue to dwindle as long as I don't take on too many new books. I feel confident, though, because even with a huge TBR pile, the majority of the books on it are books I want to read, not ones I have promised to review. The new ones I take on are for virtual book tours, either for my clients or for other publicists and authors, or standard review requests.

I've also made an executive decision to cut one book from my list: Reunion: A Novel by Therese Fowler. I received this book as a thank you for hosting the author last year. It still sounds like an interesting premise for a book, but we've been asked for donations to a Summer Fun basket to be raffled off at the school's Open House. I'll add some other things, but the beautiful cover with a woman walking along the beach will be a great addition. If I get to the point where my TBR pile dwindles low enough, I'll pick this book up for my Kindle.

Since last post, I've reviewed 7 books, some of which were already listed as read. I just finished and reviewed Downsized to Death by Patricia Gulley. I am currently reading More Than Conquerors by Kathi Macias, who is on tour with this second book of her Extreme Devotion series during the month of May, and America's Black Founders by Nancy Sanders. I'm also listening to Wishing for Tomorrow by Hilary McKay in the car. Next up is Chris Hoare's, The Wildcat's Burden.

MY TBR PILE:

Cabal of the Westford Knight by David S. Brody
Rose of the Adriatic by K.M. Daughters
The Last Child by John Hart
American Lion by Jon Meacham
Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay
Undone by Karin Slaughter
Shadow of Betrayal by Brett Battles
The Spies of Warsaw by Alan Faust

The Target by J.P. Hauptman
Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert
The Case of the Mystified M.D. by A. K. Arenz
Daughter of Liberty by J.M. Hochstetler
Native Son by J.M. Hochstetler
Exiles on Main Street by Lisa Kleinholz
Asking for Murder by Roberta Isleib
DeadMistress by Carole Shmurak
Mother's Day Murder by Leslie Meier

Write from the Heart by Leslea Newman
Copper and Candles by Amber Miller
Escape in Passion by Shiela Stewart
Mercy in Passion by Shiela Stewart
The Strand Prophecy by J.B.B. Winner
The Judge Who Stole Christmas by Randy Singer
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler


Deputy Tempe Crabtree series by Marilyn Meredith: Deadly Trail, Deadly Omen, Intervention, Unequally Yoked, Wing Beat, Calling the Dead
Murder on the Low Down by Pamela Samuels Young
Preaching to the Corpse by Roberta Isleib
Silenced Cry: A Sam Harper Mystery by Marta Stephens
Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb
Set Apart: A 6-week Study of the Beatitudes by Jennifer Kennedy Dean

...And Night Falls by Tommie Lyn
Main Street: Tis' the Season by Ann M. Martin (TC&TBC)
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
A Very Dangerous Woman: Martha Wright and Women's Rights by Sherry H. Penny & James D. Livingston
Capturing Karma by K.M. Daughters
Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider by Ellen C. Maze
Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James Swanson

The Lightkeeper's Daughter: A Mercy Falls Novel by Colleen Coble (Amazon Vine)
The Three Dimensions of Character by Larry Brooks
The Wildcat's Burden: Iskander Book Four by Chris Hoare
My Dog Tim and Other Stories by Garasamo Maccagnone (**) ****
Mr. Vinegar and the Frozen Sea by Chris Wardle (TC&TBC)
America's Black Founders by Nancy I. Sanders (TC&TBC)*
Wishing for Tomorrow by Hilary McKay (audio book) (Amazon Vine) *
At Home With Laurie Ann: A Decorator's Guide: Turn the Place You Live into A Home You Love by Laurie Ann McMillian Ray - unrequested title sent by the author's publicist
More Than Conquerors by Kathi Macias * (**)

Blissfully Yours by Diann Walker--won in a giveaway
Downsized to Death by Patricia Gulley
The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C.W. Gortner **
Confessions of a Rebel Debutante by Anna Fields--won in a giveaway
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James **
Conflicts with Interest by Michael Ruddy (**) ****

Newly added titles:

The Revolutionary Paul Revere by Joel Miller
When Love Ends and the Ice Cream Carton is Empty by Jackie Johnson **
Three Weeks Last Spring by Victoria Howard--free eBook from PROMO DAY
The House on the Shore by Victoria Howard--free eBook from PROMO DAY
The Cowboy's Christmas by RaeAnne Thayne--bought for my Kindle
Never Without Hope by Michelle Sutton--bought for my Kindle
Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten

Coming in the mail:

Why God Matters: How to Recognize Him in Daily Life by Karina Fabian **
Plan B by Steven Verrier (TC&TBC) **
The Chill of the Night by James Hayman **

Until next time, happy reading!



* Currently reading

** Reading as part of a virtual book tour

**** Read, but not yet reviewed

2 comments:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Sweet! Thanks for getting my book for your kindle. My TBR stack is 400 + so it would scare you (and me) if I listed it!

Cheryl said...

Oh my, Michelle. That number makes me feel so much better about my list. :)