Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Celebrating Women’s Strength by Becky Due, Author of Returning Injury



Today's guest blogger is Becky Due, author of the suspense novel, Returning Injury.

Rebecca’s life just keeps getting better. With Jack away on business, she’s looking forward to four days alone to work on her new client’s PR campaign to help women take back their lives. But her past intrudes. Roy, the man who stalked and assaulted her years before, has been released from prison. Home alone in her big, beautiful house out in the country, Rebecca has to learn to take back her own life while facing her fears and regaining her strength. But will she be strong enough when she faces the ultimate test?










"Celebrating Women’s Strength" by Becky Due


My novels will always celebrate the fun, strength and independence of women, because I believe women are fun, strong and should always maintain independence.

In my twenties, I had this ability to run from my problems, and I was good at it. But when I found my passion, writing, and was able to settle down in my life, I learned that my experiences were not only my own—Women share a common bond because of our experiences.

I write about those experiences.

I wrote Returning Injury because I've known victims of stalking, so I know the torment and fear that stalking instills. The national statistics are frightening but nothing compares to how horrifying stalking is to the victim. Nobody is safe from stalking, including celebrities such as Ivanka Trump, Kim Kardashian, David Letterman and ESPN sports reporter Erin Andrews.

When I decided to write the suspense novel, Returning Injury, I needed Rebecca to have a solid relationship with her husband Jack. And as I wrote their love story, it started to resemble my own love story, including my fears and doubts about love and trust.

Once upon a time, I was one of those women who vowed to be alone and to never re-marry. I was happy, strong and independent, and I didn’t need a man to complete me. I took pride in being a single woman. But when this great man came along, I couldn’t let him go—I had to marry him. I’m thankful I gave love another try and conquered my fears about love.

One of my favorite parts of Returning Injury is when Rebecca realizes the importance of her relationships with other women and how her tough childhood friends carried her throughout her life. Even when her friends weren’t around, their feisty attitudes shaped her and guided her through every aspect of her life. I wouldn’t be who I am today without my friends. I am blessed.

My friendships with beautiful, strong, fun, open-to-happily-ever-after women and my personal experiences with love, fear and having trust in myself have influenced this novel about celebrating women’s strength, Returning Injury.




Becky Due, like the main characters of her novels, spent many years running from her life, looking for love, crying a little and laughing a lot along the journey of finding herself. Through writing, Due found her passion. She is the author of several books and is currently working on her next novel.
Happily married she and Scott live in Colorado, Florida and Alberta, Canada with their two “kids” Buddy the Cat and Shorty the Pug. You can visit her website at www.beckydue.com.




No comments: