Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Recent Books Added to My TBR Pile



Is it possible to have too many books? If it is, I think I'm going for a world record. I've recently added these books to my TBR Pile:


Unexpected Christmas Hero by Kathi Macias,

American Patriots: Answering the Call to Freedom by Rick Santorum,

Deadly Plunge by Greg Messel,

A Texan's Choice by Shelley Gray,

Beside Two Rivers by Rita Gerlach,

The Proxy Assassin by John Knoerle.

At a recent writers conference, I purchased some books for myself and some for the girls:

The Treasure Chest: Prince of Air by Ann Hood. She was the afternoon keynote speaker.

Escaping into the Night by D. Dina Friedman,

Borrowed Names by Jeannine Atkins,

Jo's Girls edited by Christian McEwen,

Confectionately Yours: Save the Cupcake by Lisa Papademetriou.

What are some recent additions to your TBR Pile?




2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

There are not enough keys on the keyboard. *sigh*

Mystic Olive said...

One can NEVER have enough books! It is simply regrettable that there is limited time to read (since one has to work and sleep, for example). There is also sometimes too little space to have enough bookshelves. (I smiled when I read your first comment).

I have become a bit of a flea market junkie and this weekend was quite successful! In addition to the books which I want to read, I am trying to collect oddities and this weekend I bought a two volume English-Norwegian/Danish dictionary from 1907 and A.E.W Mason's "The broken road" from the same year. Last week I bought a Norwegian translation of Uncle Tom's Cabin from 1897.
And about twenty paperbacks, including Kathy Reichs, Agatha Christie, Ben Elton, Don DeLillo...

I am afraid that all the books on your list were completely unknown to me - American writers perhaps? Not very good with Americans I'm afraid.