Saturday, February 1, 2014

Book Review: The Mommy Diaries: How I'm Surviving Parenting without Killing Anyone by Dallas Louis

Take a humorous roller coaster ride along with Dallas Louis as she shares the ups and downs, the joys and the trials, the embarrassing moments and the frightening moments of parenting three young children in  The Mommy Diaries: How I'm Surviving Parenting without Killing Anyone.

While Dallas and her husband, Jeff, knew they wanted to kids, God proved He has a sense of humor by sending them three children in the span of twenty-six months. Oh joy!

In The Mommy Diaries Louis shares many of the moments that make parenting such a blessing, while sprinkling in several of those times you pray your kids move out soon. With humor and good, old-fashion Texas gumption, Louis talks about sleepless nights, body changes, broken bones, family vacations, troubles at school, and the challenges of keep husband and wife time sacred.

In some ways this book reminded me of Motherhood: The Second Oldest Profession by the late Erma Bombeck. Louis finds the humor in everyday life and makes you feel better about your own similar struggles. You'll buy this book because you hope someone, somewhere understands what you're going through. You'll enjoy it because it's funny watching all this mischief happen to someone other than you.

Paperback: 200 pages
Publisher: Anomalos Publishing LLC (May 1, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0983621667
ISBN-13: 978-0983621669

I've read this book for the following challenges:



I purchased a copy of this book from Amazon. This review contains my honest opinions, for which I have not been compensated in any way.

2 comments:

fredamans said...

Humor?
I find it truth to sometimes avoid killing the kids. Especially now that he is almost 19, sometimes he irks me more than ever. Headstrong youth is the reason for all the gray hair on my head.
:-)

Cheryl said...

There are days if I didn't laugh I would spend all my time crying. I have one very strong-willed kid here, so I understand your pain. Let's hope we both survive. :)