Monday, May 12, 2014

Interview with Sky Alexander, Author of Forced to Love

Sky Alexander was born in Utah and raised in both Utah and California, Sky has been writing for many years and enjoys spending time with his family as well as staying up on the newest technology. Sky is a single father of 2 little boys, Lucas & Matthew, and lives in Idaho. He has a degree in Network Engineering and is currently finishing a degree in Software Engineering. Sky is currently working on two different series "The Fires of Love & Hate" (A Historical Romance series) & "Aspen Falls" (Action Adventure, Thriller series).

His latest book is the historical western romance, Forcedto Love.

Sky welcomes emails from his readers at skyalexander@romancefictionbooks.com.

Connect with him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/skyalexander1 or


You can sign up for his newsletter here

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

I am a single father who has 2 little boys, Lucas and Matthew. I have a AA in Network Engineering and am about a year away to receive my BS in Software Engineering. I have written 19 novels which is the combination of 2 different series.

Where did you grow up?

I was born in Provo Utah but spent most of my life in Southern California.

What is your fondest childhood memory?

I remember many times having fun playing with friends and family. I remember Sunday dinners at my home I would bring home a friend and my siblings would bring home friends and pretty soon there was about 50 people for dinner at our home.

When did you begin writing?

I began writing when I was younger. I started working on a book when I was 13. When I was 21, I started and finished my first book, which I finished in 11 months and a day.

Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?

I tend to write at night, but sometimes it is just whenever I can slip in a few moments here and there.

What is this book about?

This book is about Hattie, a poor dirt farmer's daughter who is forced to marry to save her family. Her great compassion for her family inspires her mother in-law to bypass her husband and son and gift her entire fortune to Hattie, which is one of the largest fortunes in the country.

What inspired you to write it?


The series is based on my family with some fictional events are woven in. It is designed to inspire while giving an uplifting message.

Who is your biggest supporter?

My friends and family.

Are you a member of a critique group? If no, who provides feedback on your work?

I have friends who have edited my work; mainly Elaine Sides. Aaron Patterson guides me in my marking and branding.

Do you have an agent or are you looking for one?

No and No

Was the road to publication smooth sailing or a bumpy ride?

It has been a bit of a bumpy ride, but a fun ride.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo

Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?

http://www.romancefictionbooks.com

What is the best investment you have made in promoting your book?

The marketing advice.

What is one piece of advice you would like to share with aspiring authors everywhere?

Find someone who has done what you want to do and get their help.

What is up next for you?

Book 2 has just been released in the digital format. It is called Falling into Love.


No comments: