Monday, October 27, 2014

Musing Mondays - October 27



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…


• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musing:


How is it possible that it is almost the end of October? Didn't the year just start? 

Not sure how your reading world is going, but mine has been pitiful this year. I've only read about 60 books. I usually read more than 100. It's simply been that kind of a year. When I decided to return to work, I had to concentrate on studying for my real estate exam. Then I was in training, and now I am working on building up my business.

I've gotten several books read since August, but I really need to ramp it up a bit. I would like to hit at least 75 before the year is out. Don't think I'll make it, but we'll see. 

How many books have you read so far this year?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never tracked what I read or how much I read before I started bookblogging about a year ago. So far I've read 89 books but I have no way of knowing if that's more or less than usual. My Goodreads goal was 75, but I pretty much just picked that number out of the air.
Sometimes "real life" gets in the way of our "reading life"--as long as you're enjoying what you read, I think that matters more than how much you read!

JC Jones said...

I track on Goodreads and am where I should be on my yearly prediction. My problem? I just keep accepting too many books for review and don't get to some of my favorites as soon as I would like too.

Good luck on your joy. I am retired so can spend a lot more time reading than I did when I worked.

Unknown said...

I read more last year. I've just been so busy this year that October just surprised me!

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/10/musing-mondays_27.html

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

I usually read in the region of 100 books per year but I've exceeded expectations this year and met my target of 120 books already. I have an informal read-off with a bookish friend and she has read more this year than normal - I call myself the pacesetter.

http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

Cheryl said...

Thanks everyone. Glad to see some of you are in the same boat as I am. Just not enough time in the day. Great job to those who are on track or beating their goals. That's fabulous.

Thanks again.