Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club/If I Had A Book Club


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Ten Books I'd Love to Read With My Book Club/If I Had A Book Club

I've always wanted to part of a book club. Our family had started an online one, but no one ever seemed to be able to keep up with it. I would love to return to it one day. 


This was a fascinating novel; one that made me a fan of Charyn's work. It also has local ties for me. Learn more on Goodreads.


This is the second time I am talking about this book this week. It's really worth checking out. Learn more on Goodreads.



An emotional book that shines the light on the issues faced by the homeless. Coincidentally, the man on the cover was a homeless man. Thanks to the author and her team, he was reunited with his family. Learn more about this book on Goodreads.



Another emotional one--definite tear jerker. This one deals with the issues of infertility and abortion. Learn more on Goodreads


Excellent choice if you like dystopian fiction. Learn more on Goodreads.


History and mystery in one. Learn more on Goodreads.



Great discussion starter for a debate about the blessing or curse of being young forever. Would you stay young forever if you could? Learn more on Goodreads


One of the most fascinating books I've ever read. Is there a gene that makes people evil? Learn more on Goodreads.



An eloquently written, intriguing mystical novel. Learn more on Goodreads.


I had no idea what "Down Low" meant until I read this book. This book made me a fan of Young's work. Learn more on Goodreads. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't really heard of these titles but they all sound fantastic. Great list!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Oh nice! These are all totally new to me! Nice picks!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

christine danielle said...

All these books are new to me but I do love the covers and by the sound of it, they really seem interesting.

My Top Ten Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Great List! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday! http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday

Captivated Reader said...

I have not read any of the books you shared with us this week.

Here's a link to my TTT for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-id-love-to.html

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting, everyone. It's great checking out your blogs to see the diversity in our reading.