Thursday, December 31, 2015

Book Review: The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren

The Purpose of Christmas is a moving, inspirational seasonal title by Pastor Rick Warren.

In this powerful book, Warren shares the three purposes of Christmas and how they can solve your greatest needs. From the beginning, this book will touch your heart and open your mind to the rewards of accepting God's Christmas gift to us--His Son, Jesus Christ.

This is a challenging review for me to write simply because this tiny book with beautiful photography meant so much to me this year.


  • It reminded me that our family's focus must be on Jesus. 
  • It encouraged me to give control over my life to God.
  • It renewed for me the hope of God's most precious gift--my Savior. 
I'm no sure I can get my husband to read it, but I feel it would make a difference in his way of thinking too. Even we Christians get so caught up in trying to manage our lives that we forget everything we do and everything we have comes from God. We scramble about trying to make things work, when all we need to do is give our lives fully to God and let Him figure it out. 

Warren definitely has a beautiful gift for words. I enjoyed this book from beginning to end and look forward to reading more of his work. 

Hardcover: 132 pages
Publisher: Howard Books; 1 edition (November 4, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416559000
ISBN-13: 978-1416559009


I borrowed this book from my local library. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.

I read this book for the following challenge:


1 comment:

fredamans said...

This is a perfect read to remember the reason for the season. Great review!