Monday, February 29, 2016

Musing Mondays - February 29



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme now hosted at Jenn's new blog Books And A Beat that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What was the last book you didn’t finish? Why?

Happy Leap Day! I hope February has been kind to you. I'm excited to participate in the first Musing Mondays held at Jenn's new blog, Books And A Beat. I hope you'll pay her a visit.

I can't answer this week's question because it has been so long since I haven't finished a book I can't tell you what it is.


What I can tell you is that I just finished reading Vannetta Chapman's delightful story, "Love in Store" that is featured in An Amish Market. Two unlikely people are drawn together when mysterious happenings threaten the Old Amish Mill.

David Stoltzfus is a happy, peaceful man who always seems to have a smile on his face. This aggravates his co-worker, Stella Schrock, who has become lonely and bitter over how her life has turned out. When strange occurrences at the Old Amish Mill cause a stir that might lead to its closing, Stella and David team up to get to the bottom of the mystery. The more time they spend together, Stella begins to imagine a life for herself she was certain she left behind long ago. Perhaps God has more in store for the both of them.

This is a wonderful story from beginning to end. It combines two of my favorite things: engaging characters and a mystery to solve. This is just another fine example of why Chapman is such a popular author. She knows her genre well and continues to deliver superb stories for her fans. I look forward to reading the rest of the novellas in this collection to see if I find other authors in this genre to enjoy.

What are you musing about this week?

3 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

It's been a very long time since I hadn't finished a book, until just this past week!

Danica said...

The only time I think I've DNF'd a book was for English in high school ages ago. I like to think that if I put a book down I'll pick it back up again and I usually do!

MUSING MONDAYS

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks for the comment. You both have neat blogs.