Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Interview: Jennifer Chase, Author of Dead Cold

Jennifer Chase is a multi award-winning crime fiction author and consulting criminologist. Jennifer holds a bachelor degree in police forensics and a master's degree in criminology & criminal justice. These academic pursuits developed out of her curiosity about the criminal mind as well as from her own experience with a violent sociopath, providing Jennifer with deep personal investment in every story she tells. In addition, she holds certifications in serial crime and criminal profiling.  She is an affiliate member of the International Association of Forensic Criminologists.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:


WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK


Can you tell us a bit about yourself? 

I’m a multi award-winning crime fiction author and consulting criminologist. I hold a bachelor degree in police forensics and a master's degree in criminology & criminal justice. These academic pursuits developed out of my curiosity about the criminal mind as well as from my own experience with a violent sociopath, providing me with a deep personal investment in every story I write. In addition, I hold certifications in serial crime and criminal profiling, and I’m an affiliate member of the International Association of Forensic Criminologists.

I live in California with my husband and dogs working on my next thriller.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up along the California coast.

When did you begin writing?

I’ve loved books for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest childhood memories of writing was when I was four years old. I wrote tiny script lines for all of my stuffed animals. I loved writing throughout the school years and continued as an adult writing screenplays, local newspaper articles, and copyrighting.

Do you write during the day, at night or, whenever you can sneak a few moments?

I have a regimented writing day. I generally divide my day in half. The first half of the day, I spend with personal chores and errands, along with responding to emails and working on book promotions. The second half of the day is dedicated to writing. I generally write 2,000 to 2,500 words a day. There are days when I write into the evenings or spend moments jotting down new ideas and crime scene scenarios.

What is this book about?


Dead Cold is a crime thriller featuring Emily Stone, a vigilante detective who hunts down serial killers, child abductors, and some of the most violent criminals. She accomplishes this by conducting her own in-depth investigation that is then sent to the police anonymously. In Dead Cold, a serial killer terrorizes a small California community by leaving frozen body parts in public places for police to piece together in order to find the killer. 

What inspired you to write it?

I was writing screenplays and outlining another script, Compulsion, which eventually turned into my first published novel. This story (and the entire Emily Stone Series) was inspired from my experience with a violent sociopath that threatened my life for more than two years. So many incidents happened to me that it really sounded more like a movie than my life. I wanted a different kind of crime fighting character and eventually Emily Stone was created. You will just have to guess which scenes in the books were based on my own experience. 

Who is your biggest supporter?

Without question, my biggest supporter is my husband.

Who is your favorite author?

This is a tough question because there are so many wonderful authors. If I had to choose one author at this point in time, it would be Jeffrey Deaver.

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

You can purchase Dead Cold, An Emily Stone Thriller at Amazon.

Do you have a video trailer to promote your book?  If yes, where can readers find it?

Dead Cold book trailer: https://youtu.be/Sj6sC4vYRgk

Emily Stone Thriller Series Short Film: https://youtu.be/OCbpk4jwtZY

What is up next for you?

I have several projects in the works. There will be a new release from my other forensic mystery series, Scene of the Crime, coming out before the end of the year. An Emily Stone Novella, A Case of Vengeance, will be released at the beginning of 2018 along with the next Emily Stone Thriller, Dark Lies, in spring of 2018.

Is there anything you would like to add?

If you’ve been looking for a new crime thriller series with an original heroine, then I have a series for you. I love hearing from readers, please feel free to connect with me on social media.

Thank you so much for the interview opportunity.


2 comments:

Jennifer Chase said...

Thank you for the interview and hosting DEAD COLD today :)

Cheryl said...

Great having you here, Jennifer. Wishing you the best.