Thursday, February 8, 2018

Beyond the Books: Favorite Romantic Shows and Movies



Beyond the Books is a weekly feature hosted right by Kissin Blue Karen. Beyond the Books is a weekly writing prompt where she throws out a topic (mostly non-bookish) and others blog about it.

Today's Beyond the Books topic is: Favorite Romantic Shows and Movies

I'm not much of a romantic, but I don't mind romantic stories upon occasion. 


While a bit too hyped up for me to watch in the theater--I hate being a follower--Titanic is a beautiful love story between an aristocratic young woman and a poor artist. 


I have to include this one because I married a Greek guy. My in-laws--God bless them--wanted to invite 400 people to our wedding and have a Greek orchestra band playing. We got married six months after building our house and had no money, so we settled on 100 guests and a three-string ensemble. Some of the stuff that happens in My Big Fat Greek Wedding is so true it's hilarious. 


I loved Grease where good girl Sandy falls for greaser Danny. My only challenge with it: Sandy feels the need to change her entire look at the end to catch Danny's attention. 


Dirty Dancing is the story of Frances "Baby" Houseman falling in love with a resort's dreamy dancing instructor. Loved this movie beginning to end. This one is great for its dancing and its characters. 



My mother enjoyed The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough many years before the TV mini-series came out right before Easter in 1983. The book and movie span 60 years in the lives of the Cleary family and center around the youngest daughter, Meggie Cleary, who falls in love with the family's priest, Father Ralph de Bricassart.

What are some of your favorite romantic shows and movies? 

1 comment:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I don't know that I watch a lot of really romantic TV shows, but movie wise, I do LOVE Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. The original is good but not my favorite.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net